All ages will enjoy this VBS, presented by Glenda and Mike Mann! The Gospel will be presented using puppets, stories, skits, "gospel magic", songs, games, and lots of balloons! During the first three evenings the children receive a light meal. At the closing program, the children will perform some songs they learned and there will be an extra special "magic" show (with the appearance of animal friends!). Each child will receive a gift bag following the closing program.
You may register your child early (call Mrs. Elliott at 913-636-4100 for forms) or come 15 minutes early to VBS and register then. VBS is free to all. After the closing program we will take a voluntary love offering for Glenda and Mike.
2018 VBS Theme and Lessons: Rock Solid
Theme: Being a Rock Solid Christian
- The Fiery Furnace: Daniel Chapter 3 This will be acted out using props.
- Daniel and the Lion’s Den: (Daniel Chapter 6) This will be acted out using props.
- The Talking Donkey: Numbers 22:2-25:18, Numbers 31:1-9 We will act this out with children using animal twist balloon props.
- Whosoever's House: Drama based on accepting Christ as the only source for a clean heart. Based on John 3:16 We will act this out with the help of the children as a live drama.
Theme Text 2 Timothy 2:19
Fiery Furnace Deuteronomy 31:6
Daniel Romans 8:38 & 39
Talking Donkey Romans 6:23
Whosoever John 3:16
Theme Text: 2 Timothy 2:19 (NIV) Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
1. Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Short Paraphrased Version: DT 31:6 Be strong and courageous...For the Lord your God goes with you.
2. Memory Verse: Romans 8:38-39 (NIV) For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Short Paraphrased Version: Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Jesus.
3. Memory Verse: Romans 6:23 (NIV) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
4. Memory Verse: John 3:16 (NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever (whosoever) believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.